- Today, there are more than 1.5 billion TV sets in use
- US citizens watch the most TV. By age 65, an American would have watched the equivalent of 9 years of uninterrupted screening, viewing more than 20,000 TV commercials per year
- On average, a movie makes about 5 times more from its DVD sales than ticket takings.
- On Three’s Company, what is the name “Chrissy” short for?
- What star of The Breakfast Club was also part of the original cast of The Facts of Life?
- On M*A*S*H, what was Walter ‘Radar’ O’Reilley’s home town?
Answer in the comments below and the correct answers will be revealed tomorrow!
- The first broadcasted TV commercial lasted for 20 seconds in 1941 during the game between Brooklyn Dodgers and the Philadelphia Phillies. It was for a clock manufactured by Bulova Corporation.
- 99% of American homes own at least one television set, and 66% has at least three. More than half pay for cable.
- First television sets had only modest picture capabilities: 200-400 lines of resolution.
- What is the link between X-Files and Twin Peaks?
- On Friends, what was Rachel’s error on her resume in the episode with all the poker?
- On the X-Files, what’s Mulder’s nickname?
Answer in the comments below and the correct answers will be revealed tomorrow